There seems to be a large contingent of the WWE locker room that believes Roman Reigns was not given a fair deal at WrestleMania
More from WWE
- WWE Money in the Bank 2023 live results and highlights
- WWE Money in the Bank future locations, 2024, 2025 and beyond
- How to watch WWE Money in the Bank 2023: Full streaming guide
- WWE Money in the Bank 2023 start time, match card, live stream, and how to watch
- What time is WWE Money in the Bank 2023?
It was seen going into WrestleMania 31 back on March 29 that Roman Reigns was going to walk out with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship by defeating Brock Lesnar. Well as we would come to find out, that is indeed not what happened, rather it was Seth Rollins walking out of the big event with the gold, to the surprise of a lot of people.
Well, apparently, most of the boys in the back were among those surprised, and they were not happy about it.
According to a report from the Wrestling Observer, a lot of the workers backstage in the WWE locker room were not very happy with how things changed after the company had built Roman Reigns up for so long as being the next top guy in the industry. In particular, they were upset with the fans, as they were the ones that did not accept Reigns as their new star, which led to the change in plans.
"“Most of the WWE performers were really defensive of Reigns, and there was a weird bitterness at the vocal fans that really caused the change of plans that has come across with several. Even those who won’t knock the fans are very defensive of Reigns being a victim here.Unlike with Batista who was part-time and also last year everyone but Vince and HHH recognized Bryan should be champion, this year they knew the company had spent a year building Reigns and the fans put his climax in jeopardy, and eventually cost him it. But that’s the business.”"
While most of the fans are happy that Reigns ultimately did not walk out of Levi’s Stadium with the gold in his possession, you could see where some of his peers would be a bit bitter.
A lot of those guys backstage helped build Reigns throughout the past year, and they were under the assumption, like the rest of us, that it would lead to the former Shield member getting the ultimate nod on the grandest stage of them all. When he did not walk out with the title, it was almost as if their work was thrown in the trash too, all that time they spent trying to make him look good out there.
Whether you liked the ending of WrestleMania or not, you have to admit that it’s had quite a lot of people still talking about it.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle