An incredible putt on the 16th hole has Phil Mickelson climbing the leaderboard at -12.
Just when it looked like Jordan Spieth was going to run away with The Masters, there is another golfer closing in on the 21-year-old.
More from Golf
- 3M Open picks 2023: Expert picks, best bets for PGA Tour golf this week
- Brian Harman’s dominating Open win came as a surprise… except to himself
- Ryder Cup 2023: Zach Johnson hints at Brian Harman being on US team
- Brian Harman runs away with Open Championship win: Golf Twitter celebrates
- Open Championship weather: Temperature, more for Royal Liverpool on Sunday
Phil Mickelson, in search of another victory at The Masters, has been having quite the third round on Saturday.
On the 16th hole, Mickelson made a signature shot to capture momentum and pull himself within four shots of Spieth.
After a birdie on the 15th hole, Mickelson had an incredibly long putt if he wanted to birdie the 16th.
Mickelson had just the right touch and the ball turned at the last second to fall in the hole and move Mickelson to a -12 overall for the tournament.
Mickelson threw his arms in the air in celebration as the crowd roared their approval.
Just when it looked like the tournament was well on its way to being over yesterday, Mickelson has the crowd alive again as he closes in on the lead.
While Spieth still has the edge and the lead, Mickelson now has the momentum and is beginning to feel great out on the course.
With his day almost over, the showdown between Mickelson and Spieth on Sunday is certainly shaping up to be a classic.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle