Masters leader Jordan Spieth got his first bogey on Sunday after a poor chip at the fifth hole.
More from The Masters
- Tony Finau holds off red-hot, defending champ Jon Rahm for PGA title No. 6 at Mexico Open
- LIV Golf dismisses narratives, populating The Masters leaderboard
- When is the 2023 PGA Championship? Location, dates, field and more for next golf major after The Masters
- Jon Rahm drowns out drama and fireworks on his way to Masters title
- Jon Rahm comes from behind to win The Masters: Golf world celebrates
Jordan Spieth has been on a tear this week at Augusta National after he set the first round Masters record with an 8-under 64, and then followed that with a 66 on Friday. Going into Sunday, Spieth led Justin Rose by four strokes as he tries to hold on to win his first major tournament of his career.
After a birdie on hole one and another on hole three, Spieth has begun to struggle. On the par 4 fifth hole on Sunday, Spieth finished for his first bogey of the day after this poor chip shot.
Spieth found himself in a tough spot after missing the green and had little green to work with before the pin. He elected to try and hit a soft bump-and-run, but he got too much elevation on the chip and it didn’t have enough to get to the green.
Spieth went on to miss the par and take his first bogey on Sunday to get back to 17-under for the tournament.
On the par four 17th a little while after, Spieth missed a tough par putt and got his second bogey of the day to return to 16-under for the tournament and even for the day. Spieth also made bogey on the seventh hole on Saturday. He now leads Justin Rose by just three strokes as he tries to continue his dominance this week and keep some breathing room from the rest of the field.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle