UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey said her appearance at WWE’s WrestleMania didn’t go as planned.
WWE fans were inundated with cameos at WrestleMania 31 in Northern California, a transparent but effective attempt at making a show everyone expected to be a bust rather exceptional. The most notable cameo might have been from UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, who came into the ring when invited by The Rock to confront Triple H and Stephanie McMahon.
More from WWE
- WWE Money in the Bank 2023 live results and highlights
- WWE Money in the Bank future locations, 2024, 2025 and beyond
- How to watch WWE Money in the Bank 2023: Full streaming guide
- WWE Money in the Bank 2023 start time, match card, live stream, and how to watch
- What time is WWE Money in the Bank 2023?
It certainly was a memorable moment, and maybe the highlight of the event as she tossed Triple H like a rag doll and scared Stephanie McMahon half-to-death.
According to Rousey in an interview on “Rowdy” Roddy Piper’s “Piper’s Pit” podcast, that memorable moment with Triple H didn’t go as planned.
“That wasn’t even a throw I was planning. I made it up on the spot. I pulled it out of my ass. I don’t even know what that is,” said Rousey, via MMA News. “It was kind of awesome to see everything planned, and everything that doesn’t go according to plan.”
She also talked about how thrilling the moment was to herself personally, which is high praise from someone who fights in front of large crowds for a living on a regular basis.
“There’s no way I’m not going back in there, though,” said Rousey. “There’s nothing like it. The second I left, I was thinking how I could possibly go back. I hadn’t even got out of my outfit yet.”
Part of it could be who she was in the ring with, three of the WWE’s biggest names and legends. That is also something she said was a bit of a challenge.
“It’s a tricky thing having [The Rock]. He’s so good at putting people over. He holds the room so intensely, it’s hard to not be outshone by him,” said Rousey. “Triple H and The Rock could be one of the biggest rivalries of all-time. How can we make a situation where we ignore them? That’s a lot of pressure, to be captivating enough to ignore them.”
Listen to Rousey’s appearance on the podcast at PodcastOne.com. Watch her WrestleMania moment unfold below for those who missed it or want to geek out a bit and relive it:
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle