Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo trolls the New England Patriots and deflategate at the Academy of Country Music awards.
The Academy of Country Music awards went big and brought their show to AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys. That invariably meant there would be some appearances from some of America’s Team popping up during the awards show, and sure enough… quarterback Tony Romo was there on stage.
What you might not have expected was Romo to be taking a shot at the New England Patriots.
So Romo throws a football to Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton asks if this a deflated football. Then Romo fires back with: “We’re the Dallas Cowboys- we have real balls.”
First of all, this joke is played out and dead beyond belief.
Secondly, you’re trolling a team whose current quarterback has more Super Bowl rings than you have playoff wins.
Biting off a little more than we can chew aren’t we Romo?
But this really needs to be blamed on the writers of this show, who clearly mailed in with this joke. That was the extent of their football humor?
Just an awful joke.
[UPDATE:] Here is the video:
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle