The Houston Rockets and the Dallas Mavericks are squaring off in a chippy first-round series of the NBA Playoffs. In Game Two we saw several contentious moments, like a little shoving/shoulder-bumping scuffle between centers Tyson Chandler and Dwight Howard.
It isn’t just the big men going at it either, the guards are getting in on the physical nature of the game as well. Mavericks point guard Rajon Rondo got into it with Rockets guard James Harden, shoving him and getting a technical in the process. This was just 10 seconds into the game.
Check it out below:
Oh and Rondo also managed to get two other fouls, all within the first 35 seconds of the third quarter.
Not exactly the best way to start off the second half of the game.
Rondo put himself and his team in a rather compromising situation by getting into foul trouble so quickly. The only thing that rivals this is probably Steven Gerrard getting a red card 48 seconds after entering the game in the second half for Liverpool against Manchester United recently.
Maybe Charles Barkley’s comments during half time about Rondo‘s lack of commitment to winning with the Mavericks now have a pretty solid foundation.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle