The 2015 season is two weeks old, here is a look at the top five stories from the young season
We are already two weeks into the 2015 MLB season and so many unexpected twists have come early. Several teams are already doing much better than anyone expected (the Mets are actually good!) while others have fallen unexpectedly flat (looking in your direction San Francisco). While both of those stories have been fascinating to watch unfold, they don’t even come close to being the most interesting of the young season.
More from Detroit Tigers
- MLB standings ordered by hard hit rate: Struggling Cardinals still cracking bats
- MLB rumors: Justin Verlander buzz, Astros target All-Star, Reds-White Sox deal
- Tigers young star takes vicious shot at Royals pitcher over sticky stuff allegations
- Immaculate Grid baseball: Answers, connections, hints for Grid 105 (July 16)
- Immaculate Grid baseball: Answers, connections, hints for Grid 102 (July 13)
Yes, it’s early and it is really difficult to gauge just how good any of baseball’s teams are going to be at this point, but it’s fair to extrapolate some things based on the limited sample size. Some of the teams that have jumped up in the mix early on are clearly built to last, while others look like pretenders.
So far, 2015 has had a little bit of everything: juggernauts playing up to their potential, small market success and uber prospects making their debuts. What follows is my look at the top five stories of the season so far.
Next: Tigers roar out of the gate