Celtics’ Kelly Olynyk tried to dismember Kevin Love by grabbing a hold of his arm and pulling rather violently.
The Boston Celtics and Cleveland Cavaliers are squaring off in Game 4 of the first-round playoff series. It looks like the Celtics are a little frustrated, and being in a 3-0 hole we can certainly understand it.
At one point, Kevin Love and Kelly Olynyk we fighting for a rebound and loose ball, Love had the position but Olynyk wasn’t going to let him get it.
As Love tried to go to his right, Olynyk grabbed a hold of his left arm and pulled the opposite direction. Love was visibly hurt right away, grabbing his shoulder after Olynyk finally let go.
There really is no excuse from Olynyk for this. It was clearly an intentional foul and not smart or safe basketball. While it might not have been an intended consequence of the incident, Love left the game and won’t return which can only benefit the Celtics.
Kind of a cheap foul from the Celtics, and we thought the Milwaukee Bucks and Chicago Bulls series was physical.
More from Boston Celtics
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- Jaylen Brown signs richest contract in NBA history without a left hand
- Boston Celtics projected lineup and rotations heading into 2023-24 season
- David Griffin thanks rival Celtics for leverage in Anthony Davis trade talks
- NBA rumors: Damian Lillard trade becoming more trouble than it’s worth for Celtics