The Baltimore Ravens got into the playoffs with their 10-6 record and were able to knock out the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs. The were not able to get past the New England Patriots in the playoffs though.
The team entered the draft with needs at pass rusher, running back and on the offensive line. The possibility of taking Shane Ray was there for a little bit, but the Denver Broncos moved up in the draft in order to take him before the Ravens got their shot.
The Ravens didn’t make a ton of moves in free agency and usually look to build the roster through the draft.
With the 26th pick in the NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Breshad Perriman. The team decided to fill another need on the roster with the selection. They needed to find someone to fill the hole that was left by Torrey Smith and have added Perriman to play with Steve Smith on offense.
Joe Flacco does need some weapons to throw the ball to, so the Ravens added the top wide receiver that was on the board. He will be a nice target for Flacco to throw the ball to. Perriman can fly down the field and he will fill that threat that Torrey Smith used to bring to the roster.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle