After the Tennessee Titans drafted Marcus Mariota on Thursday night, their signal caller pick from last year, Zach Mettenberger, wants out
The Tennessee Titans stunned a lot of people on Thursday night in the first round of the 2015 NFL Draft when, rather than taking one of the deals that were offered to them throughout the day, they decided to stay at No. 2 overall and choose Marcus Mariota.
Now one of the reasons that people were shocked by this, aside from the fact that some of the reported deals that were offered to them were amazing, is the fact that just last year in the middle of the draft they selected Zach Mettenberger out of LSU, and it was presumed that they might try and build the team around him.
Well with the drafting of Mariota, Mettenberger is not pleased at all. How displeased is he? Well, so displeased that he absolutely does not want to be in Tennessee anymore, as his agent has already requested a trade.
In a way, you can’t blame him. While Mettenberger is unproven under center, seeing limited action in his rookie year last season, the team just brought in a guy with a lot of questions surrounding whether or not his game translates to the next level. Had the Titans maybe brought in a Sam Bradford with one of the deals, it might have went over just a little better.
However, in his eyes, he was more or less just told that he has to compete with a rookie.
More from NFL Draft
- Green Bay may never get to host a Super Bowl, but was just awarded next-best thing
- Green Bay selected as 2025 NFL Draft location: Best memes and tweets from NFL Twitter
- Nakobe Dean perfectly explains Howie Roseman’s draft affinity for Georgia
- Andy Reid confirms the Chiefs pivoting plans after the draft
- College Football: Replacements for every first-round pick in the 2023 NFL Draft