5. They’re due for a World Series
There hasn’t been a bigger championship drought in the history of professional sports than the Cubs’ 107 year absence of winning a World Series. Let’s be honest. Isn’t it about time?
From the Billy Goat curse to Steve Bartman robbing Mosies Alou of a foul ball catch, the Cubs are in great need of finally tapping into that World Series drink they have been thirsting for since 1908. With all the excitement surrounding Wrigley field and the Cubs organizations this year, it sure does feel like the year this drought is finally put to an end.
It will take a lot of things to go the Cubs way for it to happen, and with the Cubs history everything typically goes against them. But if they get a few breaks here and there and the rookies start producing like they are capable, who knows what could happen. All I do know is that it’s possible. And that is more than the Cubs have been able to say for seven years straight.
More from Chicago Cubs
- MLB Rumors: Cardinals budging on Arenado, Orioles-Ohtani package, Yankees backup plan
- Cubs: Cody Bellinger is putting up come-and-get-me numbers
- Cubs front office deserves an apology for Willson Contreras hysteria
- MLB standings ordered by hard hit rate: Struggling Cardinals still cracking bats
- MLB Rumors: Red Sox-Ohtani package, Cubs trade dilemma, Phillies-Mets trade