According to a report the Kansas City Royals have traded for Johnny Cueto of Cincinnati Reds.
It looks like the Kansas City Royals have found a new ace pitcher on the trade market, acquiring Johnny Cueto from the Cincinnati Reds according to reports.
As of now, neither team has confirmed the trade. Cueto himself has also not been informed that he has been traded yet.
Other reporters have been unable to confirm it as well.
That doesn’t necessarily mean it hasn’t happened, but it does mean that Royals fans should hold off on poping the champagne.
[UPDATE:] ESPN is confirming the report.
—- end of update —-
Cueto is 7-6 with a 2.62 ERA in 19 starts this season. The catch with this trade is that Cueto will be a free agent following the season, so he is a short term rental. There are no reports as to what the Royals gave up for Cueto yet and that will be an integral part of determining whether this was a good or bad trade.
If an extension was part of the trade deal, surely Cueto would’ve been told.
[UPDATE:] The Royals traded left-handers Brandon Finnegan, John Lamb, and Cody Reed to the Reds.
More from Cincinnati Reds
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle
- MLB Rumors: Braves trade package, White Sox-Reds deal, Mets disaster
- Brewers attempt to troll Elly De La Cruz backfires 456 feet
- MLB Rumors: Willson Contreras trade suitor, Reds surprise move, Giolito war
- MLB standings ordered by hard hit rate: Struggling Cardinals still cracking bats