3. Omar Infante-2B-Kansas City Royals: Even though he usually brings up the rear of the Royals lineup and he has struggled this season, Omar Infante is a cheap option to consider today as he and Kansas City take on R.A. Dickey and the Blue Jays. Infante is an impressive 17-34 (.500) in his career against Dickey with two doubles, two home runs, and six RBI.
More from Chicago Cubs
- MLB Rumors: Cardinals budging on Arenado, Orioles-Ohtani package, Yankees backup plan
- Cubs: Cody Bellinger is putting up come-and-get-me numbers
- Cubs front office deserves an apology for Willson Contreras hysteria
- MLB standings ordered by hard hit rate: Struggling Cardinals still cracking bats
- MLB Rumors: Red Sox-Ohtani package, Cubs trade dilemma, Phillies-Mets trade
2. Daniel Murphy-2B-New York Mets: In tongiht’s Sunday Night Baseball showcase the Mets take on Jordan Zimmermann as they look to finish off a sweep of the Nationals at Citi Field. One hitter who should be happy to see Zimmermann is Daniel Murphy who is 19-56 (.339) in his career against him including five doubles, three homers, and eight RBI. Murphy should enjoy the newfound protection of hitting in front of Yoenis Cespedes and be able to turn in a solid game against tonight.
1. Anthony Rizzo-1B-Chicago Cubs: Our top spot for the day goes to Cubs’ slugger Anthony Rizzo who will look to help the Cubs finish out a four-game road sweep of the Brewers at Miller Park. Rizzo and the Cubs make good plays as they take on the struggling Kyle Lohse who Rizzo has gone 11-24 (.458) against coming into tonight’s game. Rizzo has a pair of doubles, a home run, and two RBI in those meetings, and I think he’s set up for a big game this afternoon.
[fanduel sport=”mlb” teaser=”Start Your FanDuel Lineup For Today” type=”button”]