As you would expect, the New York newspapers are having a good time with this whole Geno Smith situation
When it was found out on Tuesday that New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith would be out 6-10 weeks after he had his jaw broken by a teammate, there were a lot of things that ran through our heads. One of those thoughts was that the New York media was certainly going to have a field day with all of this.
As you would expect, that appears to be the case.
First up, we have the Newsday headline, which really didn’t go all that hard on Smith and what happened. The most notable part of their headline was the “Hard Knocks” reference.
Now, the winner so far, though is of course the New York Daily News. They generally like to take their shots, and in reporting the news about Smith for their Wednesday morning headline, they made light of the fact that Jets fans are just thrilled about Geno missing a significant amount of time after all this.
Again, we knew that this was going to happen, because the New York media never misses a good opportunity such as this.
Plus, don’t forget, it’s not over yet as far as the headlines go. We still have yet to see what the New York Post comes up with.
More from New York Jets
- Jets training camp fights taking center stage for start of Rodgers era
- NFL rumors: Aaron Rodgers gives massive update on future with Jets
- Aaron Rodgers found a new friend to replace hole in his heart for Davante Adams
- NFL rumors: Aaron Rodgers’ 2024 retirement fate already has credible hint
- NFL Rumors: Dalvin Cook free agency complicated by court filing