Alterraun Verner was one of the highlights for the Buccaneers on Monday night, returning an interception for a touchdown
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are taking on the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday night, and while much of the focus with this team is on the offense and Jameis Winston, let’s not forget that Lovie Smith is in control of this team. That means the defense will take center stage from time to time.
This is the cue for Alterraun Verner.
In the first half on Monday night the Bengals and Andy Dalton were backed up near their goal line. Dalton was going for what has become the sure thing in his career, and that’s getting the ball to A.J. Green. Well, this time things didn’t work out like usual, as the pass went through Green’s hands. From there, the ball went right into Verner’s who took it straight to the house.
Call it right place, right time, call it Dalton’s fault or call it Green’s fault. The fact of the matter is that it was six more points for the Buccaneers on this play. Really, that’s what matters in the end.
More from NFL
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Chargers loosen grip on checkbook to pay Justin Herbert: Best memes and tweets
- Patriots backup plan for DeAndre Hopkins is a shot in the dark
- Raiders: Saquon Barkley’s new contract may have screwed over Josh Jacobs