The New York Mets have issued a statement on Rusty Staub and his medical situation
Rusty Staub suffered a heart attack mid-flight from Ireland to New York and is now in Ireland after undergoing successful emergency surgery. However, he has the support of friends and New York Mets fans, evidenced by the GoFundMe page started to help Staub raise the funds to get a medical plane to make the long journey across the Atlantic back to New York.
After Staub’s condition came to light, the Mets organization had to address the matter. They did so on Saturday morning as they issued the following statement to Mets fans and the baseball world:
There’s nothing earth shattering in that statement, which seems like a pretty standard one for a situation like this. The only thing of note is that it doesn’t address the GoFundMe page in any way, but you have to wonder if that has anything to do with the Mets including the bit about the Staub family wanting their privacy.
Regardless, Mets fans and fans of baseball in general are unquestionably rooting for Staub on his road to recovery. It’s safe to say we all join the Mets by keeping the “Miracle Met” and his family in our thoughts and prayers.
More from MLB
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle
- MLB Rumors: Insider names Braves’ most likely player to be traded
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers reunite with familiar face in Red Sox deal