Kevin Harvick pulled off his biggest win of the season as he avoid elimination at Dover.
Kevin Harvick put on an incredible performance at Dover on Sunday. After needing a win to avoid elimination, Harvick put on his best showing of the year and as a result, he will continue his championship defense. Right behind Harvick, was Kyle Busch, who also put on an incredible performance.
Also needing a great finish to avoid elimination, Busch was right behind Harvick all race at Dover as he too continued to overcome odds. That has been the story all season long for Busch, who like Harvick is writing one of the best stories on the track this season.
And if that trend of avoiding elimination wasn’t enough, Dale Earnhardt Jr. finished third to also avoid being eliminated as he jumped out of the bottom four. While it was a great day for that member of Hendrick Motorsports, it was not a good day for Jimmie Johnson.
Johnson, who looked to have a comfortable route into the second round of the chase had a speeding penalty and car issues that sent him to the garage. As a result, his title hopes are over as he has been eliminated in the first round.
Here’s the complete finishing order for Sunday’s race at Dover.
AAA 400 Finishing Order
|3||Dale Earnhardt Jr.|
|8||Ricky Stenhouse Jr.|
|11||Martin Truex Jr.|
|20||Sam Hornish Jr.|
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle