Do you have a wide array of interests? Are there too many TV shows for you to binge watch on a weekly basis? Are you a huge sports fan? Are you a pop-culture junkie? Have you viewed every store on Etsy? Do you want to get your start in online publishing working in one of the fastest-growing, fan-focused media companies on the net?
FanSided is searching for a JR Editor to join the launch team in our rapidly growing Chicago editorial headquarters. The launch team is a special project task force focused on developing and launching new FanSided blog properties. We’re looking for a talented and curious writer that can intelligently craft posts for a variety of topics. Each day will be a new adventure as this role could see one writing about Game of Thrones, sports, Real Housewives or collectibles all in one day. You’ll work with one of FanSided’s senior editors to build social media channels, craft content and build new websites from the ground up.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- You’re an excellent communicator and are insanely creative
- You have the curiosity to learn about new topics and write about them passionately
- You are a juggler and can switch gears quickly
- You have a distinct voice and can adjust it to create compelling content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- You get excited about new challenges
- You’re interested in everything and learning about new topics doesn’t intimidate you
- On any given night you might watch Top Chef, The Bachelor and the Bulls game
Bonus Skills Desired But Not Required:
- You will go with your fellow FanSiders to get sushi bowls (we’re obsessed), will jump into impromptu office HORSE competitions and will fearlessly participate in random events, like the FanSided Olympics Conference Room Paddleball Smackdown
- Familiarity with WordPress
- You are comfortable in front of the camera (we make a lot of videos in-house)
- Assist senior editors in the development and launch of new FanSided blogs
- Provide entertaining and informative content on the new sites and their social media channels
- Posting pictures/videos/memes
- Audience development
- Helping to maintain 3-4 different blogs at any given time
- Optimizing sites for search
If you think you have the goods, please send a resume and cover letter. Give us an idea of your interests and tell us why you want to work for FanSided (we already know it is because we’re awesome).
This is a full-time, hourly contract position (you will work through a temp agency). Position is located in Chicago, IL. We’re looking for someone to start ASAP. Salary is commensurate with experience. As with all of our contractors, top performers will be considered for full-time roles as they become available.
We aren’t looking for benchwarmers. FanSided editors need to be franchise players. This takes guts, determination and most of all, passion.
Apply Now: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FanSided network is part of Time Inc.’s Sports Illustrated Group and features more than 300 websites covering a variety of sports, entertainment and lifestyle topics. Launched in 2009 and acquired by Time Inc. in May 2015, FanSided is one of the industry’s fastest growing digital content networks and includes sites dedicated to every major professional sports team, all of the nation’s top college athletic programs, popular TV shows, movies and other celebrated sports, culture, tech and entertainment categories. Boasting a roster of more than 1,500 writers, FanSided’s unique fan-focused editorial content reaches millions of dedicated readers every month online and via its stable of highly customizable apps and newsletters.
ABOUT TIME INC.
Time Inc. (NYSE: TIME) is one of the world’s leading media companies, with a monthly global print audience of over 120 million and worldwide digital properties that attract more than 150 million visitors each month, including over 60 websites. Our influential brands include People, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Time, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom.