70. San Francisco 49ers: Fred Warner, LB, BYU
Warner is fast, giving him the ability to drop into coverage. Look for Warner to be in subpackages, playing in man-coverage against tight ends. He’s not a thumper, but that’s fine for his role.
71. Denver Broncos: Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon
Freeman comes in and replaces C.J. Anderson while giving Davontae Booker some competition in the backfield. Freeman was great at Oregon, becoming its all-time leading rusher.
72. New York Jets: Nathan Shepard, DL, Fort Hays State
Shepard is raw, but he might end up being one of the best third-round picks this year. The Jets have shown the ability to find defensive linemen, and this looks like another hit.
73. Miami Dolphins: Jerome Baker, LB, Ohio State
The Dolphins desperately need help in their front seven, and Baker should help out. THe former Buckeyes star has great speed and should help out in coverage.
74. Washington Redskins: Geron Christian, OT, Louisville
The Redskins have a quality offensive line, but this adds some depth to the group. Trent Williams is great, but he’s been banged up throughout the last year, and Christian is god insurance.