11. Penn State – The Nittany Lions were idle this week as they regroup after losing to Ohio State last week and prepare to battle a Michigan State squad reeling after losing to Northwestern.
12. UCF – The nation’s longest winning streak reached 18 with the Knight’s 48-20 win over SMU. McKenzie Milton continued his assault on the UCF record book with 278 yards and two touchdowns. With LSU, Oklahoma and Auburn losing, UCF should be ranked safely inside the top 10.
13. Kentucky – This picture of an anguished Kentucky fan pretty much sums things up after the Cats suffered their first loss of the season in overtime to Texas A&M. Benny Snell just didn’t get the ball enough to do any damage. Snell was held to 60 yards on 13 carries. Despite the loss, Kentucky has a great shot at getting to 10 wins.
14. Stanford – The Cardinal were without Bryce Love and lost for the second week in a row after committing four turnovers in a 40-21 loss at home to Utah. Without Love, Stanford wasn’t able to get anything in the ground game and that put too much pressure on K.J. Costello who didn’t deliver. The Stanford quarterback threw for a lot of yards (379) but a pair of interceptions, including one returned for a 100-yard pick-six and four Cardinal turnovers gives Stanford.
15. Michigan – Slowly but surely, this offense is showing signs of life behind Shea Patterson and Karan Higdon. Patterson threw for three touchdowns while Higdon topped the century mark on the ground in the win over Maryland. Not to be outdone was a defense that was lights out despite playing without Rashan Gary and Michael Dwumfour. Next week’s home date with Wisconsin will be telling for both sides.