In less than 12 months we went from “The Warriors ruined basketball (again)” to having an unexpected new champion and a completely wide-open 2020 title race.
The Raptors first NBA championship will leave its own lasting legacy, but the short term impact of devastating injuries to free-agents-to-be Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson could completely shakeup the league. Franchises who were strategically aiming to be contenders in 2021 or 2022 might speed up their timelines with the door suddenly ajar. Not to mention Golden State could conceivably find themselves struggling to even compete for the postseason in the Western Conference. Making the playoffs isn’t a birthright, as LeBron James found out this year.
So on a new episode of Fastbreak Breakfast, recorded in the wee hours after the conclusion of Game 6, we try to divine what the fallout could be from Toronto’s win and the Thompson and Durant injuries. How will trades and free agency be affected? Who is now the favorite to win it all next year?
- Is Kawhi Leonard the best player in the NBA? Has he been for three years and we just didn’t notice?
- Who made the biggest name for themselves during this playoff run? Who raised their standing the most in a historical context?
- Does former Grizzlies GM Chris Wallace pick up a hockey assist for helping another team when the title once again?
- If Memphis fans host a championship parade for Marc Gasol, who should be the grand marshal?
- What should we know about Taylor Jenkins?
- Have the Nets surpassed the Celtics?
is a podcast for serious NBA fans that is incredibly not serious. All episodes are available on
or any other major podcast service.
If you want to gain access to exclusive Fastbreak Breakfast bonus content including extra full episodes, go to Patreon.com/Fastbreakbreakfast. We believe in supporting the content we enjoy and also building relationships with our biggest fans, and all of that is accomplished at Patreon.com/Fastbreakbreakfast.
At the very least, consider writing us a five-star review on Apple Podcasts!