MLB DFS top plays September 7: JV will win the CY Young

Photo by Vaughn Ridley/Getty Images
Photo by Vaughn Ridley/Getty Images /
3 of 8
FanDuel MLB
FanDuel MLB: WASHINGTON, DC – MARCH 28: Pete Alonso #20 of the New York Mets hits a single for his first MLB hit in the eighth inning against the Washington Nationals on Opening Day at Nationals Park on March 28, 2019 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Patrick McDermott/Getty Images) /

Top MLB DFS Hitters

Pete Alonso – One thing that I can guarantee you is that in this article, there will be a few Mets players. I am not one of the Drew Smyly truthers that think he is all of a sudden a changed man. The guy is a terrible pitcher and will be treated as such. Pete is basically destroying any pitcher that he comes across. With a massive .372 ISO against LHP, 40% FB rate, and 52% HC rate. Sure he strikes out 32% of the time, but what about the other 68%? Smyly gives up a .250 ISO, 42% FB rate, and 47% HC rate to RHH. Pete will go deep here, you can take that to the bank and book it.

Matt Olson  – Oakland should be primed to have a very nice weekend while getting the very soft Detroit Tiger to tee off on. Jordan Zimmerman has been very consistently bad all season long. He gives up a .212 ISO, and 42% HC rate to LHH. The GB rate is pretty high, but when the ball gets put in the air it usually results in and extra-base-hit. Olson is doing great against righties and lefties. We will focus on RHP, where he has a .268 ISO, 43.5% FB rate, 51.3% HC rate against them. This will be the first part of an Oakland stack, that I will build throughout this article.

Wilson Ramos – I figured I would throw in a catcher for all of my Draftkings players, he is in great recent form, and I already touched on how bad Smyly is in the above section. Ramos has a solid .194 ISO against LHP, he has been more of an LD, MC kind of guy. At that price tag, though he does not need much at all to hit value, I would lock him in as your catcher if you play on Draftkings.