The NFL made its latest schedule changes and they impacted eight teams.
The NFL schedule is more of a moving target than locked in object in 2020 thanks to the coronavirus. The Patriots-Broncos matchup slated to be played today has been postponed due to another positive test in New England and the fallout has affected eight teams.
Here is the full list of changes and it’s a bit complicated, so we’ll break it down team-by-team below.
New England Patriots
Their game with the Broncos will be pushed back from Week 5 to Week 6. New England’s bye, which was scheduled for Week 6, will happen this week.
The Bills, whose game in Tennessee on Tuesday remains in question, had their Thursday night matchup with Kansas City pushed back until Monday, October 19 as part of a doubleheader. The game remains in Week 6 but will kick off at 5:00 p.m. on Fox and NFL Network.
Kansas City Chiefs
See the Bills’ changes for notes on Kansas City. A minor victory for Kansas City as they get some extra days to prepare for this matchup against Buffalo.
Besides the Patriots’ game, the Broncos have the following changes coming:
- Their bye moves from Week 8 to Week 5.
- The regularly scheduled Week 6 matchup in Miami shifts to Week 11.
- The Week 11 matchup at home against the Los Angeles Chargers shifts to Week 8.
Los Angeles Chargers
The Chargers’ bye has been moved up nearly four weeks from Week 10 to Week 6. Here’s what else is happening with Los Angeles.
- The Chargers’ Week 6 home game against the New York Jets goes to Week 11.
- The Chargers’ trip to Denver in Week 11 moves up to Week 8.
- The Chargers’ Week 8 home game against the Jaguars moves up one week to Week 7.
- The Chargers’ Week 7 game in Miami has moved back to Week 10.
The Dolphins’ bye week, which was in Week 11, has moved up to Week 7. Here’s what else is happening with them.
- The Dolphins’ Week 7 home game against the Chargers was pushed back to Week 10.
- The Dolphins’ Week 10 home game against the Jets is bumped up to Week 6.
- The Dolphins’ originally scheduled Week 6 road game against the Denver Broncos will take place in Week 11.
The Jaguars have a relatively minor change, seeing their bye week move back one week to Week 8. Week 7 will see them home the Los Angeles Chargers instead.
New York Jets
The Jets’ bye week moves up one week from Week 11 to Week 10. Here’s what else moves around for the Jets.
- The Jets’ road game in Miami, originally slated for Week 10, will now be played in Week 6.
- The Jets’ road game against the Chargers, which was going to be played in Week 6, has now been moved back to Week 11.
Got all that? It’s hard to blame you if you don’t since the NFL schedule has become a complete mess. These changes all assume that Buffalo’s game with Tennessee will take place as scheduled, so be prepared for more messes as the NFL desperately tries to avoid scheduling a Week 18 unless they absolutely have to.