College football expert picks for Week 12, including predicting the winners of Ohio State-Michigan State, Arkansas-Alabama and Oregon-Utah.
The penultimate week of the college football regular-season has plenty of action with College Football Playoff implications and conference title ramifications. The biggest game of the week is the Big Ten clash between Ohio State and Michigan State in Columbus. The loser is out of the playoff and Big Ten chase, but potentially still alive for a Rose Bowl berth.
Oregon travels to a ranked Utah team looking to play spoiler and knock the Ducks out of the playoff conversation.
Clemson is still alive for a berth in the ACC Championship Game as Wake Forest looks to get their first win over the Tigers since 2007. If Dave Clawson’s team can do that, they’ll strengthen their bid to win the ACC.
Alabama hosts Arkansas as Nick Saban’s team looks to roll into the Iron Bowl vs. Auburn next week with a lot of momentum behind them as they know Georgia is looming in the SEC Championship Game. There is a mathematical chance for SEC West chaos but an Alabama win puts that chaos to rest.
And then there is Cincinnati with SMU coming to town in what is their toughest test in the American with Sonny Dykes’ team looking to play spoiler and hand the Bearcats their first loss of the year.
College football expert picks for Week 12’s Top 25 games
- Charleston Southern at No. 1 Georgia — 12 p.m. ET — ESPN+
- No. 7 Michigan State at No. 4 Ohio State — 12 p.m. ET — ABC
- No. 10 Wake Forest at Clemson — 12 p.m. ET — ESPN
- Iowa State at No. 13 Oklahoma — 12 p.m. ET — FOX
- Prairie View A&M at No. 16 Texas A&M — 12 p.m. ET — ESPN+
- Tennessee State at No. 25 Mississippi State — 12 p.m. ET — ESPN+
- Illinois at No. 17 Iowa — 2 p.m. ET — FS1
- Georgia Tech at No. 8 Notre Dame — 2:30 p.m. ET — NBC
- No. 21 Arkansas at No. 2 Alabama — 3:30 p.m. ET — CBS
- SMU at No. 5 Cincinnati — 3:30 p.m. ET — ESPN
- No. 6 Michigan at Maryland — 3:30 p.m. ET — BTN
- Nebraska at No. 15 Wisconsin — 3:30 p.m. ET — ABC
- Virginia at No. 18 Pittsburgh — 3:30 p.m. ET — ESPN2
- UAB at No. 22 UTSA — 3:30 p.m. ET — ESPN+
- No. 14 BYU at Georgia Southern — 4 p.m. ET — ESPN+
- Syracuse at No. 20 NC State — 4 p.m. ET — ACCN
- No. 11 Baylor at Kansas State — 5:30 p.m. ET — FS1
- No. 3 Oregon at No. 23 Utah — 7:30 p.m. ET — ABC
- Vanderbilt at No. 12 Ole Miss — 7:30 p.m. ET — SECN
- No. 9 Oklahoma State at Texas Tech — 8 p.m. ET — FOX
Mayhem Pick (2-1): SMU over Cincinnati. Yes, Oregon losing to Utah would bring way more turbulence to the CFB world, but it wouldn’t be an upset! The Utes are favored in just about every way. That breaks rule No. 1 of the Mayhem Pick. So, it is with great remorse, that Cincinnati gets the call this week.
Elsewhere, Clemson, oddly enough, keeps the ACC Atlantic interesting, Ohio State cruises past Michigan State, and K-State puts the kibosh on Baylor’s Big 12 bid. And, as always, Birds Up.