The 2023 draft class is loaded with talent and several potential future stars. Who has the best NBA Draft Lottery odds today?
The 2023 draft class is loaded with potential stars, and not just Victor Wembanyama — the 7-foot-5, multi-talented Frenchman who is the consensus top pick right now. Our latest NBA Draft Big Board identifies several other potential future stars, including guard Scoot Henderson, explosive twins Ausar and Amen Thompson and a slew of others.
We’re still months away from the end of the regular season and the actual NBA Draft Lottery which will lock in the order. But we can already see things taking shape and identify the teams that are likely to be picking toward the top.
Current NBA Draft lottery odds
- Houston Rockets — 14.0 percent
- Detroit Pistons — 14.0 percent
- San Antonio Spurs — 14.0 percent
- Charlotte Hornets — 12.5 percent
- Orlando Magic — 10.5 percent
- Washington Wizards — 9.0 percent
- New Orleans Pelicans (via Lakers) — 6.0 percent
- Indiana Pacers — 6.0 percent
- Toronto Raptors — 6.0 percent
- Portland Trail Blazers — 2.2 percent
- Orlando Magic (via Bulls) — 2.2 percent
- Oklahoma City Thunder — 2.1 percent
- Utah Jazz — 1.0 percent
- Utah Jazz (via Timberwolves) — 0.5 percent
Right now there are two teams on track to have multiple lottery picks — the Utah Jazz and Orlando Magic. However, the NBA Trade Deadline is tomorrow and several of the picks above, and later in the lottery could be on the move.
If we expand our lens beyond the lottery, the Jazz have a third pick (from the 76ers and the Rockets and Pacers join this group — the Rockets have a second pick from the Bucks. and the Pacers have picks coming from the Celtics and Cavs.
The NBA Draft Lottery will be held on May 16, 2023.
Check out The Step Back for more news, analysis, opinion and unique basketball coverage. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter Twitter and Instagram and subscribe to our daily email newsletter, The Whiteboard.