A big day in the NBA has come and gone as we heard last-minute trade attempts before the February trade deadline. Although we didn’t hear didn’t hear any big moves involving star players *cough Josh Smith cough* we did have some great trades nonetheless. Tonight, we recap all those trades and review tonight’s double-header as the Miami Heat played against the Chicago Bulls and as the San Antonio Spurs played against the Los Angeles Clippers. So, without further ado, let’s get into the recap.
- We start off with the biggest trade of the night as the Milwaukee Bucks landed J.J. Reddick from the Orlando Magic. The Bucks were involved in a three-team deal with the Atlanta Hawks and Magic that would’ve sent Josh Smith to Milwaukee, however the Hawks dropped out. The Bucks nonetheless dealt with the Magic obtaining the famed shooting guard. Josh Sanchez has all the details here.
- Since the Hawks pulled out of the three-way trade, they still made a trade with the Magic obtaining Anthony Morrow for Dahntay Jones. You can read all the details of that trade here.
- In what was presumably a surprise for me, the New York Knicks sent Ronnie Brewer to the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Knicks obtained Brewer as a temporary replacement for an injured Iman Shumpert. However, with Shumpert back it appears the Knicks no long need Brewer’s services. Josh Hill breaks down the trade here.
- In what was perhaps an eastern conference finals preview, the Miami Heat took on the Rose-less Chicago Bulls. Heat forward, Lebron James led the way as he scored a double-double 26 points, 11 assists shooting 11-for-15 from the field as the Heat won 86-67. Dwayne Wade contributed with 17 points. Brad Rowland has the recap and details here.
- Next up we had the Phoenix Suns trading Sebastian Telfair to the Toronto Raptors. I actually liked this trade for many reasons. First, the chemistry is there for the Raptors. Telfair trains with Rudy Gay, Alan Anderson and Kyle Lowry in the summer so they’re wouldn’t be any chemistry problems on the team. As well, I believe Telfair, who has never lived up to his potential, could someway somehow be a great back up point guard for Lowry and Lucas. Solid pickup for Toronto. Josh Sanchez has all you need to know about the trade here.
- In what was the last, big trade that happened today, we had Eric Maynor shipped off to the Portland Trailblazers. Maynor’s minutes with the Thunder were limited as the Thunder have both Russell Westbrook and Reggie Jackson playing the point. Josh Hill has the details here.
- Lastly, we have our final double head tonight as we have a western conference showdown between the Los Angeles Clippers and the San Antonio Spurs. Tony Parker led the Spurs with 31 points, two rebounds and seven assists, shooting 75%, 12-of-16 from the field, as the Spurs won 116-90. Ben Beecken has reviews the game here.
Tags: Atlanta Hawks Chicago Bulls Featured Los Angeles Clippers Miami Heat Milwaukee Bucks NBA NBA Trade NBA Trade Deadline New York Knicks Oklahoma City Thunder Orlando Magic Phoenix Suns Popular Portland Trail Blazers Portland Trailblazers San Antonio Spurs Toronto Raptors