The Indianapolis Colts will need every lucky bounce if they want to take down the Denver Broncos on Sunday night and ruin Peyton Manning’s homecoming. Luckily, they got an incredible special teams play from fullback Stanley Havili, who ran down the sideline and found a way to strip Broncos return man Trindon Holliday before he ran out of bounds.
Thanks to the picture perfect strip, the ball stayed in bounds and the Colts recovered.
The refs initially ruled Holliday out of bounds, but the play was overturned and it was Colts ball.
Here is the spcial teams play that worked out perfectly for Indy, via GIFD Sports:
On the very next play, Andrew Luck tossed the ball to Darrius Heyward-Bey to give the Colts the early lead.
- Troy Polamalu hurdles line, gets called offsides (GIF)
- Steve Smith celebrates touchdown with Ray Lewis dance (GIF)
- Justin Blackmon tackles security guard (GIF)
- New York Jets’ Geno Smith tries to spike ball, fails miserably (GIF)
- Rams’ Chris Long is ejected, gets mocked on way off field (GIF)
- Devin Hester takes punt 81-yards for TD (GIF)
- Jay Cutler suffers lower body injury (GIF)
- New England Patriots’ Julian Edelman has video game punt return (GIF)
- Detroit Lions’ Calvin Johnson blown up, has helmet knocked off (GIF)
- Vincent Jackson makes one-handed TD grab (GIF)
- Rams LB James Laurenitis almost does Cam Newton’s Superman celebration (GIF)
- Logan Ryan taunts Jets with crotch-grab (GIF)
- Geno Smith throws pick-six to Logan Ryan (GIFs)
- Joseph Fauria keeps celebrating (GIF)
Tags: Indianapolis Colts