Green Bay Packers tight end Jermichael Finley has left the game against the Cleveland Browns. Finley made a reception and was going to the ground as a defender was hanging on him. Browns defensive back Tashaun Gipson was coming into make a hit.
Gipson, to his credit tried to turn his body to avoid a helmet-to-helmet collision and seemed to make contact with his shoulder. Unfortunately, his shoulder went straight into Finley’s helmet. It looks like Finley suffered a concussion on the play. That would make it his second concussion of the season. He released a video on Twitter where he discussed the first concussion of the season.
You might remember that concussion against the Bengals because it was a scary and startling scene. He got up and as he tried to walk off the field he had trouble staying on his feet.
Discussing my recent concussion right here > https://t.co/t9memJalgq
— Jermichael Finley (@JermichaelF88) September 27, 2013
Finley was ultimately carted off in what was a scary scene. Hopefully he is ok. We will keep you up to date.
[UPDATE:] I maintain that the GIF above makes it look like a shoulder to helmet hit, but it is incredibly hard to tell. This GIF below from CJ Zero makes it look more like a helmet-to-helmet hit.
- Steve Smith celebrates touchdown with Ray Lewis dance (GIF)
- Justin Blackmon tackles security guard (GIF)
- New York Jets’ Geno Smith tries to spike ball, fails miserably (GIF)
- Rams’ Chris Long is ejected, gets mocked on way off field (GIF)
- Devin Hester takes punt 81-yards for TD (GIF)
- Jay Cutler suffers lower body injury (GIF)
- New England Patriots’ Julian Edelman has video game punt return (GIF)
- Detroit Lions’ Calvin Johnson blown up, has helmet knocked off (GIF)
- Vincent Jackson makes one-handed TD grab (GIF)
- Rams LB James Laurenitis almost does Cam Newton’s Superman celebration (GIF)
- Logan Ryan taunts Jets with crotch-grab (GIF)
- Geno Smith throws pick-six to Logan Ryan (GIFs)
- Joseph Fauria keeps celebrating (GIF)