Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III was getting blown up by the Denver Broncos defense all day, but one hit at the end of the game by Broncos defensive tackle Terrance Knighton was all the Redskins needed to pull him from the game.
Griffin took a huge shot to his ribs and was obviously shaken up on the play, so it is unlikely that he would have been able to take much more punishment.
Here is a GIF of the hit:
Griffin grabbed his knee as soon as he hit the ground, which makes you wonder if he came back from his knee injury too early. I would say yes, considering his terrible start to the season.
You never like to see your quarterback take these kind of hits, so the Redskins offensive line needs to take a long look in the mirror and make sure that it never happens again.
- Ben Roethlisberger keeps Steelers alive with vintage Big Ben play (GIF)
- Geno Smith throws second pick-six (GIF)
- Steelers’ Zoltan Mesko hits perfect punt (Video)
- Pierre Garcon hauls in amazing one-handed catch (GIF)
- Matthew Stafford scores game winning TD (GIF)
- Dez Bryant, Jason Witten have heated argument on sideline (GIF)
- Terrelle Pryor has 93-yd TD run vs. Steelers (GIF)
- Dez Bryant celebrates touchdown with expletives (GIF)
- Giants special teams unit continues to be embarrassing (GIF)
- Patriots use tip drill for slick sideline INT (GIF)
- Dez Bryant goes off on Tony Romo with sideline tirade (GIF)
- Victor Cruz heads to locker room after being slammed (GIF)
- Dez Bryant makes incredible one handed TD catch (GIF)
- Jaguars have some odd fans in London (Photo)