This was the first night of the match that actually took place in a Hell in a Cell, the 27th in history. CM Punk took on Ryback and Paul Heyman in a handicap match. The stipulations were chosen by Punk after winning a Beat the Clock match on Raw.
Paul Heyman came down to the ring in a track suit riding on a scissor lift. As he jabbered on he was lifted to the top of the cell. He was trying to make a ‘top of the world’ point and ended it with “I own CM Punk.” That left Punk and Ryback in the cell to fight while Heyman watched from above.
CM Punk had the momentum early and quickly got out the kendo stick. Ryback avoided it and took advantage throwing Punk into the steel cage. Then Ryback grabbed a hold of the kendo stick and hit Punk with it. Ryback brought things back inside and choked Punk in the corner with the kendo stick. After a high elbow, Punk was lying on the mat in the middle of the ring.
Ryback got Punk back into a corner and threw his shoulder into Punk’s abdomen. He then threw him across the ring and when Punk hit the mat he stood on his head. Ryback got Punk in a bear hug of sorts, but he broke free. When Ryback charged, Punk moved out of the way and Ryback flipped over the top rope. Punk then jumped on Ryback from the top rope.
As Punk was fishing under the table for something, Ryback was able to get to his feet and hit him to retake the momentum. Ryback brought Punk around the ring, and picked him up for a vertical suplex into the cage multiple times.
They got back into the ring and Ryback slammed Punk, went for the pin but was unsuccessful.
Ryback had Punk in a hold again. He eventually got out and hit Ryback with a lateral press. Punk had the upper-hand and went to work with the Kendo stick. Punk then went to the top rope and he jumped on to Ryback who was laying in the middle of the ring. Ryback kicked out of the ensuing pin.
Punk went back to work with the kendo stick. After a few whacks, he went to get a table out form under the ring and brought it into the ring. Before he could finish setting up the table, Ryback got to him. With the table on its side, legs extended, Ryback dropped Punk on the table hurting his nether region.
Ryback tried to pink Punk who kicked out. Ryback finished setting up the table while Heyman barked orders from the top of the cell. Ryback went to pick up Punk but he gave him a low blow. Ryback rolled on to the table and Punk raced for the turnbuckle, then after a brief pause, Punk jumped on to Ryback putting him threw the table.
Punk then picked up Ryback, hit him with the “Go To Sleep” and pinned Ryback for the win.
[UPDATE]: With Ryback out cold in the ring, that left Paul Heyman on top of the cage. Punk grabbed a Kendo stick and climbed the cell to come after Heyman, who was supposed to be in the cell with Punk and Ryback.
Heyman clung to one of the steel cables used to lower the cage. Punk began to beat Heyman with the Kendo stick. He then called for the “Go To Sleep.” He picked Heyman up executed the move leaving Heyman lying on the roof of the cell motionless.
Remaining Match Card:
- Los Matadores vs. The Real Americans
- AJ Lee vs. Brie Bella (Divas Championship)
- John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio (World Heavyweight Championship)
- Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton w/ Shawn Michaels as special guest referee (WWE Championship, Hell in a Cell)
- Randy Orton defeated Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship
- A.J. Lee defeats Brie Bella to retain the WWE Divas Championship
- John Cena defeats Alberto Del Rio for the WWE Heavyweight Championship
- Los Matadores defeat the Real Americans
- Big E Langston wins by count out, Dean Ambrose retains United States Championship
- Kane returns to the WWE, attacks the Wyatts and choke slams The Miz
- Cody Rhodes and Goldust defeat The Shield and The Usos to retain WWE Tag Team Championship
- Damien Sandow defeats Kofi Kingston during pre-show
- Big E Langston challenged Dean Ambrose for WWE United States Championship
- WWE Hell in a Cell 2013, how to watch online