Despite New York Giants general manager Jerry Reese suggesting that he was ‘keeping his options open’ in regards to a potential Hakeem Nicks trade, it appears that the talented though inconsistent wide receiver will be staying in the Big Apple.
Per ESPN’s Adam Schefter:
Giants never wavered: keeping WR Hakeem Nicks.
While there is still about forty-five minutes until the deadline is to pass, at least according to Schefter, the Giants have shut down the phones in regards to Nicks.
It’s likely to be a somewhat unpopular decision in New York considering Nicks sub-par play and pending free agent status, but with the Giants shockingly still within striking distance in the NFC East, the team may have felt it was worth keeping Nicks in New York rather than sell for a price they weren’t comfortable with.
- NFL trade rumors: Chiefs keeping eye on Tony Gonzalez
- NFL trade rumors: Vikings close to moving Jared Allen?
- NFL trade rumors: Seahawks in Jared Allen ‘vastly overblown’
- NFL trade rumors: Vikings asking for second-round pick in Jared Allen talks
- NFL trade rumors: Giants GM keeping all options open on Hakeem Nicks
- NFL trade rumors: Seahawks trying to get Jared Allen
- NFL trade rumors: Jerry Jones says unlikely Cowboys make move
- NFL Trade Rumors: Vikings want to keep Jared Allen
- NFL trade rumors: Indianapolis Colts say they are ‘standing pat’
- NFL trade rumors: Eagles fielding offers for Vinny Curry