The Carolina Panthers had an opportunity to be the first team since World War II to go the first half of the season without giving up a first-half touchdown, but the Atlanta Falcons struck late with a 17-yard touchdown pass to Tony Gonzalez.
Just how big was the touchdown for Atlanta? It gives them an opportunity to close the gap and could provide a 14-point swing as they get the ball first to start the second half.
Former Falcons star Jamal Anderson commented on the play.
That was big. Carolina going to get a shot here, then they get the ball to start the 2nd half. Falcons had to get some points right there.
— Jamal Anderson (@jamthedirtybird) November 3, 2013
The touchdown brought the Falcons within four points, 14-10, as they look to turn their season around start their late charge to the postseason.
- Cam Newton makes an incredible escape (GIF)
- Robert Meachem makes amazing tip-drill catch off two helmets (GIF)
- Brian Robison celebrates sack by reeling in fish (GIF)
- Chargers score TD with INT of Redskins helmet (GIF)
- Cortland Finnegan tries to ride Rams teammate like a horse (GIF)
- Panthers’ Steve Smith ‘eating’ taunt (GIF)
- Mike Tolbert does the dirty bird then drop kicks it (GIF)
- Chargers block Redskins’ field goal attempt (GIF)
Tags: Carolina Panthers