Washington Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather said earlier in the week that he was going to go low and target opponent’s knees after a suspension for a hit up high.
“I guess I just got to take people’s knees out. That’s the only way,” Meriweather said. “I would hate to end a guy’s career over a rule, but I guess it’s better other people than me getting suspended for longer. You just have to go low now, man. You’ve got to end people’s careers. You got to tear people’s ACLs and mess up people’s knees. You can’t hit them high anymore.”
DeMaurice Smith, the executive director of the NFLPA, talked to Meriweather and apologized for him. Meriweather might be sorry for his words but he seems intent on following through with aiming low when tackling. Look at this low tackle he makes against the Chargers. If he actually tears someones ACL or seriously injures a player’s knee he could get in some serious trouble.
- Cam Newton makes an incredible escape (GIF)
- Brian Robinson celebrates sack of Tony Romo by going fishing (GIF)
- Chargers score a odd fat guy pick six against RG3 (GIF)
- Robert Meacham makes an incredible catch during tip drill (GIF)
- Mike Tolbert does the Dirty Bird (GIF)
- Cortland Finnegan tries to ride teammate like a horse (GIF)
- Vikings don’t know who they’re playing (Photo)
- Steve Smith is hungry, does a eating taunt (GIF)