Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak collapsed at halftime of the team’s Sunday Night Football match up against the Indianapolis Colts and was taken off of the field to a stretcher. Kubiak was taken to the hospital where he is conscious and currently with his family.
It was a sobering moment that took the team by absolute shock, which caused the Texans to cancel their scheduled halftime show.
— Scott Hanson (@ScottHanson) November 4, 2013
According to NBC sideline reporter Michelle Tafoya, Kubiak never lost consciousness and the team is saying that he was taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure.
Tafoya did indicate that Kubiak was in a lot of pain when he collapsed, but there has been no more information on his status provided.
- Texans HC Gary Kubiak collapses on field at halftime; taken off field on stretcher
- J.J. Watt does his best Dikembe Mutombo impression (GIF)
- Raiders fan flips Riley Cooper the bird (GIF)
- Greg Little taunts Ravens defenders (GIF)
- Mike Glennon celebrates as Buccaneers go up 14 in Seattle (GIF)
- Eagles’ Riley Cooper has a 63-yard TD (GIF)
- Tony Romo’s game winning touchdown pass to Dwayne Harris (GIF)
- Pass from Tony Romo hits referee in head (GIF)
- Adrian Peterson not pleased with Minnesota Vikings kicker (Photo)