UPDATE: The Texans have said Kubiak did not suffer a heart attack.
UPDATE: The Texans are saying that “for now” Kubiak’s trip to the hospital is precautionary. He is currently conscious and with his family at the local area hospital.
After an incredible first half for the Houston Texans thanks to the arm of quarterback Case Keenum and hands of wide receiver Andre Johnson, the energy at Reliant Stadium was high. Unfortunately, a scary scene at halftime sucked the life out of the building.
When NBC cut back from a commercial break, Texans head coach Gary Kubiak had collapsed on the field and was surrounded by the medical team with a stretcher on the field.
Here is what we saw:
Texans coach Gary Kubiak collapsed heading to the locker room at half time. pic.twitter.com/LxJHj6ifKa
— Cork Gaines (@CorkGaines) November 4, 2013
The good news is that Kubiak was talking to the medical staff, but it was still frightening to see. NBC sideline reporter Michelle Tafoya said that Kubiak was in obvious pain and would not open his eyes. It was a very sobering moment.
This is a very fluid situation, so stay tuned for updates.
We send our positive thoughts and well wishes to Kubiak and hope that this is not a serious issue.
- J.J. Watt does his best Dikembe Mutombo impression (GIF)
- Raiders fan flips Riley Cooper the bird (GIF)
- Greg Little taunts Ravens defenders (GIF)
- Mike Glennon celebrates as Buccaneers go up 14 in Seattle (GIF)
- Eagles’ Riley Cooper has a 63-yard TD (GIF)
- Tony Romo’s game winning touchdown pass to Dwayne Harris (GIF)
- Pass from Tony Romo hits referee in head (GIF)
- Adrian Peterson not pleased with Minnesota Vikings kicker (Photo)
- Cam Newton does the dirty bird dance (GIF)
- Chiefs defense scores TD on fumble recovery (GIF)