The Houston Texans had an incredible first half that had Reliant Stadium rocking, but a sobering moment at halftime sucked the life out of the building. Texans head coach Gary Kubiak collapsed on the field heading in to halftime and was taken off the field on a stretcher to a local area hospital.
NBC sideline reporter Michelle Tafoya said that Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, who will be serving as head coach in the interim, told her the trip to the hospital was precautionary.
Tafoya later provided an update from the Texans PR, which confirmed that “for now” this was a precautionary case and they emphasized that Kubiak never lost consciousness. His family is currently with him at the hospital.
We will continue to update you with more information as it becomes available.
- Texans HC Gary Kubiak collapses on field at halftime; taken off field on stretcher
- J.J. Watt does his best Dikembe Mutombo impression (GIF)
- Raiders fan flips Riley Cooper the bird (GIF)
- Greg Little taunts Ravens defenders (GIF)
- Mike Glennon celebrates as Buccaneers go up 14 in Seattle (GIF)
- Eagles’ Riley Cooper has a 63-yard TD (GIF)
- Tony Romo’s game winning touchdown pass to Dwayne Harris (GIF)
- Pass from Tony Romo hits referee in head (GIF)
- Adrian Peterson not pleased with Minnesota Vikings kicker (Photo)