New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees seems to be having a hard time finding his rhythm in the second half of the team’s Thursday Night Football match up against the division rival Atlanta Falcons, but the team still has the lead and has found a way to extend their lead to 17-13 midway through the third quarter.
Part of the reason for Brees’ second half issues has been the pressure that Atlanta’s defense has suddenly been able to generate.
Unfortunately for Drew Brees, Falcons defensive tackle Peria Jerry was able to get enough pressure up the gut of the Saints offensive line to swallow him up for the big sack.
This was the result:
- Samuel L. Jackson does not approve of Matt Ryan’s slide
- Jimmy Graham destroys field goal post; Mr. Fix It saves day with giant level (GIF)
- Jimmy Graham gives Saints lead with long TD catch; destroys field goal post (GIF)
- Falcons HC Mike Smith unhappy with refs after Matt Ryan takes a blow to the head (GIF)
- Drew Brees, Saints answer Falcons touchdown drive (GIF)
- Falcons strike first with Steven Jackson touchdown (GIF)