In the seemingly annual ‘Battle of the Birds’, the Arizona Cardinals and Philadelphia Eagles took to the field today and so far have given us a pretty entertaining matchup.
We’ve seen some long runs. We’ve seen some impressive passes. We’ve seen some jaw dropping catches. We’ve even seen both teams give us a comical moment with a fumble which neither team seemed interested in recovering.
But all of those might take a back seat to the hit Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSeasn Jackson took as Cardinals defensive back Tyrann Mathieu absolutely destroyed the speedy wideout.
On a 2nd and 6, the Eagles who were near midfield decided they’d attempt to run a quick screen pass. Quarterback Nick Foles tossed it quickly to Jackson, a play which Mathieu clearly read as he plowed right into Jackson, plowing him into the ground.
- Cordarrelle Patterson celebrates with referee after TD (GIF)
- Mike Glennon forgets how to hold the football (GIF)
- Josh Gordon continues feasting on opposing cornerbacks (GIF)
- Cardinals, Eagles can’t hold on to the ball (GIF)
- Panthers get on board with TD pass from Cam Newton to Brandon LaFell (GIF)
- Panthers QB Cam Newton with impressive run vs. Buccaneers (GIF)
- Nick Foles strikes first with 6-yard TD vs. Cardinals (GIF)