New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith was put out of his misery on Sunday, after another dreadful half of football. When the Jets came out in the second half of the game against the division rival Miami Dolphins, it was learned that Smith has been benched in favor of Matt Simms.
In the first half, Smith was 4-for-10 with 29 yards and an interception. He had a passer rating of 8.3.
It is a move that the team needed to make if they wanted to attempt to win and remain in the playoff hunt, but it could have some negative effects to Smith’s confidence moving forward.
To give you an idea of how bad Smith has been over the past month, Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew has more touchdown passes.
Let’s see how the Matt Simms era begins.
- Jaguars score on trick play from Maurice Jones-Drew
- Cordarrelle Patterson celebrates with referee after TD (GIF)
- Mike Glennon forgets how to hold the football (GIF)
- Josh Gordon continues feasting on opposing cornerbacks (GIF)
- Cardinals, Eagles can’t hold on to the ball (GIF)
- Panthers get on board with TD pass from Cam Newton to Brandon LaFell (GIF)
- Panthers QB Cam Newton with impressive run vs. Buccaneers (GIF)
- Nick Foles strikes first with 6-yard TD vs. Cardinals (GIF)