As an NFL player, you can’t put your hands on an referee – no matter how gentle one might be. That’s something Minnesota Vikings defensive back Chris Cook learned this afternoon after he slightly pushed an official during the third quarter of the Vikings-Bears game.
Moments after Alshon Jeffery beat Cook (among others) on an impressive touchdown catch, Cook immediately rose up and began complaining to the official who was standing right next to the play.
Apparently suggesting he was pushed, Cook mimicked the move to the official who didn’t take so kindly and instantaneously threw a flag, resulting in Cook’s ejection.
It didn’t seem malicious from Cook, but rules are rules and we all know you can’t put your hands on a ref.
- Tyrann Mathieu blows up DeSean Jackson (Video)
- Cleveland Browns Twitter account trolls Brandon Weeden (Photo)
- Brian Hartline snags TD catch (GIF)
- Jets backup QB fumbles snap (GIF)
- Cordarrelle Patterson celebrates with referee after TD (GIF)
- Mike Glennon forgets how to hold the football (GIF)
- Josh Gordon continues feasting on opposing cornerbacks (GIF)
- Cardinals, Eagles can’t hold on to the ball (GIF)
- Panthers get on board with TD pass from Cam Newton to Brandon LaFell (GIF)
- Panthers QB Cam Newton with impressive run vs. Buccaneers (GIF)
- Nick Foles strikes first with 6-yard TD vs. Cardinals (GIF)