The Atlanta Falcons have plenty of selections in the 2014 NFL Draft, which they will be able to use to sure up the holes on their roster. Two of the biggest needs for the Falcons right out of the gate are at offensive tackle and defensive end, so they are the first two positions addressed in this mock draft.
In the middle rounds, the Falcons boost depth at skill positions, while adding another offensive tackle who is incredibly talented but likely in need of a year to get healthy before taking the field.
In the later rounds, the Falcons focus solely on adding depth to their defense, which is something that they clearly need after last year’s disappointing season.
Here is how the seven-round mock draft for the Atlanta Falcons played out:
- Round 1: Jake Matthews, offensive tackle, Texas A&M
- Round 2: Demarcus Lawrence, defensive end, Boise State
- Round 3: Troy Niklas, tight end, Notre Dame
- Round 4: Terrance West, running back, Towson
- Round 4: Brandon Thomas, offensive tackle, Clemson
- Round 5: Vinnie Sunseri, safety, Alabama
- Round 6: Kevin Pierre-Louis, outside linebacker, Boston College
- Round 7: Wesley Johnson, guard, Vanderbilt
- Round 7: Shaq Evans, wide receiver, UCLA
- Round 7: Brock Coyle, linebacker, Montana
What do you think of the Falcons picks in this scenario? Sound off in the comments section below with your own thoughts and predictions.