Oct 12, 2013; Madison, WI, USA; Footballs sit on the field prior to the game between the Northwestern Wildcats and Wisconsin Badgers at Camp Randall Stadium. Wisconsin won 35-6. Mandatory Credit: Jeff Hanisch-USA TODAY Sports

Shy Tuttle reveals top 5 schools: 5-star DT has 4 ACC programs in the mix

Use your ← → (arrows) to browse

The recruitment for five-star defensive tackle Shy Tuttle (Lexington, N.C. North Davidson) could be nearing the finish line as the standout defender tweeted his top five schools on Monday afternoon with four ACC programs in the hunt and one from the SEC remaining in contention.

The 6-3, 315-pound defensive tackle tweeted his top five schools in no order are Tennessee, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Clemson and Miami.

Tuttle is the nation’s No. 29 player overall regardless of position, the No. 6 defensive tackle and the No. 1 recruit in the state of North Carolina, according to the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

He has made multiple visits to both the Volunteers and the in-state Tar Heels this year and the in-state program could be the team to beat for his services after being the first school to offer him a scholarship more than two years ago on June 13th of 2012.

His Crystal Ball on 247Sports has North Carolina in the driver’s seat with 88 percent of the picks in favor of the Tar Heels with the Clemson Tigers receiving the remaining 12 percent of the votes from the 32 experts who placed a prediction.

Tuttle is coming off a 73-tackle season with four coming for a loss and also ran an interception back for a score. During his high school career he has 244 tackles and 44 tackles for loss. He had 18 sacks as a sophomore and nine as a freshman to put him on the national radar for college coaches and if the crystal ball picks are accurate will be a headliner for Larry Fedora’s 2015 class.

Tuttle has not announced a date to make a decision as to where he will be playing his college football but by narrowing his list has put him on “commit watch” and an announcement could be coming this summer.

Where do you think the five-star DT will be playing in college?

Use your ← → (arrows) to browse

Tags: Clemson Tigers College Football Miami Hurricanes North Carolina State Wolfpack North Carolina Tar Heels Tennessee Volunteers

comments powered by Disqus