Edwin Encarnacion is having a magical kind of season. The legend of Encarnacion only got bigger on Wednesday when he swatted a three-run blast in the bottom of the ninth to give the Blue Jays a 7-4 win over the Brewers.
More from Milwaukee Brewers
- Brewers attempt to troll Elly De La Cruz backfires 456 feet
- MLB Rumors: Shohei Ohtani, Angels, Dodgers, Rich Hill
- MLB standings ordered by hard hit rate: Struggling Cardinals still cracking bats
- MLB Trade Deadline Insider Q&A: Shohei Ohtani, Padres, Cardinals, Brewers
- Juan Soto rumors: 5 monstrous trade packages to land the Padres star
That’s how you send the fans home happy. Smash one into the seats for a three-run job in the bottom of the ninth. Shades of Joe Carter there for Encarnacion.
Well okay, it’s not quite as dramatic as a walk-off in the last game of the World Series, but it’s still exciting. All walk-offs are exciting. Especially the ones you bury in the second deck.
That’s home run number 26 for Encarnacion. Is this going to be a 50-homer campaign Edwin? He’s got a good shot to do it, if he can stay hot throughout the second half. He and Jose Bautista have become the best one-two punch in the bigs. They’re the Maris and Mantle of Toronto right now.
The Jays, amazingly, are becoming one of the best shows in the major leagues. They need to grab themselves another pitcher and really make a run. They have a great shot at a World Series this year with those power bats all over their lineup, and a couple MVP candidates leading the way.
Go get Samardzija, Toronto. Make it happen north of the border.