Before Terry Crews became an actor the 46-year-old was All-Conference player for the Western Michigan Broncos which landed him a gig in the NFL.
More from Las Vegas Raiders
- Raiders: Saquon Barkley’s new contract may have screwed over Josh Jacobs
- Raiders sign coveted All-Pro ahead of training camp
- Raiders RB Josh Jacobs leaves Vegas in dramatic fashion amid contract dispute
- NFL Rumors: Insider predicts great news for Raiders on free agency front
- Austin Ekeler leading RB revolt with Zoom meeting of biggest names
Sadly for Crews his collegiate success didn’t translate onto the NFL field as the Flint native only played in 32 career games, though they were apparently some rather interesting games as the Brooklyn Nine-Nine cast member says he was threatened by Raiders fans during his playing days.
Terry Crews was originally drafted by the Los Angeles Rams and for unknown reasons says he was threatened by fans of the then Los Angeles Raiders.
"“Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star Terry Crews tells TMZ Sports … back when he used to play for the L.A. Rams, the Raiders fans hated his team so much, they THREATENED his wife and family.Crews — a former NFL linebacker — played for the Rams back in 1991 … back before the Raiders ditched L.A. and moved back to Oakland.And last night in L.A., Crews told us some of the more insane fans of the Silver and Black took the rivalry so seriously, they threatened his wife and family."
As if playing for the Los Angeles Rams wasn’t bad enough the football player turned actor decided to then sign with the San Diego Chargers, another huge rival of the Raiders franchise. Thankfully nothing ever happened though I’m venturing to guess if somebody did attempt to act on such a threat, they would have ended up squished like a jelly bean given Terry Crews size. Seriously the guy could probably battle an alligator, lion and great white shark all at the same time while wearing a suit of meat and still come out victorious.
Crews also left a parting shot for the San Francisco 49ers, possibly an attempt at peace with Raider Nation.
More from FanSided
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers land Amed Rosario from Guardians
- Colorado gives Pac-12 a possible death knell with move to Big 12
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return
- LA Galaxy vs. Club Leon Leagues Cup match rescheduled for July 26