Up to four NFL teams can clinch a playoff birth in Week 16 including the Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys and more.
More from Dallas Cowboys
- 3 Cowboys who won’t be on the roster after training camp
- Stephen Jones poorly tried to justify Cowboys’ negotiations with Tony Pollard
- Cowboys: Jerry Jones puts the pressure on Dak Prescott
- Cowboys give a masterclass in defense construction with Trevon Diggs extension
- Ranking the Cowboys top training camp priorities after Zack Martin mess
While some teams have already locked up a playoff birth, there are still a handful of teams still looking to do so.
Many of them can secure their spot in the postseason today, a list which includes upwards of four teams.
The Denver Broncos, New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts have all secured their division and are already part of the group who has clinched a playoff birth.
On the outside looking in are the San Diego Chargers, Kansas City Chiefs and Buffalo Bills who currently sit out of the AFC’s Wild Card picture. In regards to the NFC, the Philadelphia Eagles are the only team still mathematically active (outside of those teams in the NFC South who will be vying for a division win) and it would take a significant stroke of luck for the Eagles to make the postseason.
The AFC however is a much more cloudy situation as multiple teams are still alive for a postseason appearance despite some having 7-7 records.
Once Week 16 concludes we’ll have a much better picture as to who will be representing the AFC and NFC in the playoffs.
More from FanSided
- NFL rumors: Aaron Rodgers sets Jets up for Super Bowl run with new contract
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers land Amed Rosario from Guardians
- Colorado gives Pac-12 a possible death knell with move to Big 12
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return