Michigan Wolverines new head football coachJim Harbaugh put gatorade on his cereal because he didn’t have any milk.
More from College Football
- Jim Harbaugh facing 4-game suspension over NCAA violations
- College football neutral site games in 2023: Full list
- College GameDay announces surprise Week 1 destination
- College football analyst warns Oklahoma that Texas is doing better prep for SEC
- College Football Playoff national championship game locations for 2024, 2025 and beyond
Jay Harbaugh, Jim’s son and the new tight ends coach at Michigan, told Ed Kendgerski of the Big Ten Network that he once saw his father pour gatorade on his cereal because they were out of milk, according to Barstool Sports.
For the record, not only does Jim Harbaugh wear khakis all the time, he’s also a disgusting human being.
WHO PUTS GATORADE ON CEREAL?!
Apparently, the former head coach of the San Francisco 49ers, who led the team to three straight NFC Championship games in his first three years in the NFL, does.
Here is the video of the full interview with Jay Harbaugh:
It was definitely, 100 percent, without a doubt, Wheaties, the breakfast of champions, mixed with fruit punch Gatorade — it explains everything about Harbaugh.
Has there ever been a more “Dad breakfast” than Wheaties and fruit punch gatorade? There are only a few cereals worse than Wheaties, and fruit punch might be the worst flavor of gatorade of the original flavors. Together, I’m sure Wheaties and gatorade makes one nasty combination.
Shortly after telling the story of how his father puts gatorade on his cereal, Jay clarified his comments by admitting the gatorade-on-the-cereal scenario is a metaphor for Jim’s life.
“That kind of says a little bit about him; he just gets the job done. He’s not picky,” Jay said.
And, strangely, I agree with Jay here. It takes a certain kind of person, a person who only cares about football, to eat a bowl full of cereal with gatorade.
Normally, if I was out of milk and all I had to eat was cereal, I would eat it dry, no question about it. Or, I’d stop and pick something up on my way out of the house. Or, I’d even leave my house and go out for breakfast before I would even think to pour Gatorade on my cereal.
Because of the news, the Twitterverse had a little fun with Harbaugh.
"I bet Jim Harbaugh’s treated knife wounds with Gatorade — SPENCER HALL (@edsbs) January 20, 2015"
I’m sure there’s a new endorsement deal for Jim Harbaugh coming from someone in the next couple weeks.
[H/T Barstool Sports]
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle