Steve Spurrier joined twitter on Monday and the college football twitterverse rejoiced, including LSU head coach Les Miles.
There isn’t much college football news to go around in the beginning of March with spring football still getting underway across the country, so excuse my excitement over the news that South Carolina Gamecocks head coach Steve Spurrier is finally on twitter.
More from College Football
- Jim Harbaugh facing 4-game suspension over NCAA violations
- College football neutral site games in 2023: Full list
- College GameDay announces surprise Week 1 destination
- College football analyst warns Oklahoma that Texas is doing better prep for SEC
- College Football Playoff national championship game locations for 2024, 2025 and beyond
Spurrier finally relented and is the 13th head football coach from the SEC to be on twitter with only Alabama Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban the lone holdout.
If and when he creates an account that will be a sign of the apocalypse, so let’s celebrate the Head Ball Coach joining the social media age.
Spurrier had more than 4,000 followers before sending out his first tweet, which included him thanking future players at South Carolina.
Spurrier got a welcome tweet from one of the most followed coaches on twitter in the form of LSU Tigers head coach Les Miles, who may come the closest to Spurrier in terms of giving a memorable quote, and said he had waited for this moment for some time.
This should result in some spirited tweets later this fall when the Gamecocks host the Tigers.
It will be the only time they play each other until the 2020 season and something tells me that Spurrier won’t be roaming the sidelines when that game comes around and will instead be on a golf course somewhere.
Heck, by that time Miles could be enjoying retirement as well so we should enjoy these two great ambassadors of the game while we can.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle