Ndamukong Suh headlines this year’s free agency class, and it looks like he is ready to make a big change.
The official start of the 2015 NFL free agency is less than a week away, and Ndamukong Suh will be the player that everyone will be watching – and that’s because he has the biggest chance to drastically chance a team.
More from Detroit Lions
- Former Eagles safety, Lions star C.J. Gardner-Johnson suffers scary injury
- C.J. Gardner-Johnson sounds off on Eagles fans in NSFW rant
- Lions trade for risky potential Jameson Williams replacement
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- NFL Power Rankings: Which teams will have the best rushing attacks this season?
Suh’s upcoming free agency has been talked about for what seems to be ages, and him probably leaving the Detroit Lions for greener pastures has been the worst kept secret around the league.
I don’t know if Detroit fans have already thrown in the towel or what, but putting up these billboards around the city of Detroit doesn’t seem like the smartest thing to do if you’re wanting to keep your star defensive player.
If Suh sees any of these billboards (which I’m sure he will/already has), I have to imagine that he will be floored and probably a bit offended.
For anyone that might not fully understand the billboard, many teams around the league can offer Suh much more money than the Lions can (or maybe are willing too), and that might ultimately be the reason he leaves Detroit. After all, many people are expecting Suh’s newest deal to be the largest deal for any defensive player all-time.
While it’s nice and easy to only point to the money, obviously there are other factors that will lead to Suh making his decision.
Suh has given it his all during his five-year run with the Lions, and they just haven’t done anything worth mentioning in that time.
This man wants to win, and you can see just how badly he wants to win after the Lions were knocked out of the playoffs last year by the Dallas Cowboys.
Detroit fans, if you’re going to make a billboard, make one that says “stay” or something nice like that. Why would you want to run one of your best players out of town?
Sports fans are weird sometimes.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle