The Detroit Lions are in danger of losing another cog on their defensive line as Nick Fairley is drawing interest in free agency.
More from Detroit Lions
- Former Eagles safety, Lions star C.J. Gardner-Johnson suffers scary injury
- C.J. Gardner-Johnson sounds off on Eagles fans in NSFW rant
- Lions trade for risky potential Jameson Williams replacement
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- NFL Power Rankings: Which teams will have the best rushing attacks this season?
It wasn’t that long ago that Nick Fairley was overweight and looking like a draft bust. Since then, he’s cut weight, gotten more serious about football but still isn’t the first-round stud he needs to be.
Unfortunately for the Lions, he may develop into that stud with another team.
According to Charles Robinson, the Detroit Lions might be in danger of losing Nick Fairley to free agency as there are a number of teams making a play for him.
It’s unclear who the teams interested in Fairley are, but there are destinations like Indianapolis, Green Bay, Tampa Bay and Oakland that could come into play. Losing Ndamukong Suh is a massive blow to the sell that the Lions had and the appeal they oozed to potential free agents.
With Suh gone, it’s clearly hard for them to even hang onto their own free agents, as made apparent by the interest being drawn in Fairley.
There’s still a chance he returns to Detroit, but the Lions need to figure something out fast. They’re bleeding free agents and they’re bleeding hope — which is typical of the Lions but it was something we were tricked into thinking was behind us.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle