Dale Earnhardt Jr. blew a tire to end his day Sunday. His tire and rim were ablaze all the way to the garage.
The Camping World 500 at Phoenix International Raceway has seen it’s fair share of wrecks Sunday. Unfortunately for Dale Earnhardt Jr., his bid for a first win of the season ended Sunday, but not because of a wreck with another. Jr.’s day came to an end after he blew a tire and smashed into the wall.
More from NASCAR
- NASCAR rain delay today, July 2 update: Chicago Street Race
- Where is the NASCAR course in Chicago? A look at how the Grant Park 220 will work
- Grant Park 220 Ticket prices: How much does it cost to attend?
- LAST CHANCE: FanDuel’s Crazy $2,500 Bonus NASCAR Promo Expires Sunday
- Trevor, start your engine: Jaguars’ temporary stadium could be NASCAR mecca
Blowing the tire and smashing into the wall knocked the back end of his No. 88 car off and his day was over.
As his car rolled it’s way back into the garage, the rim and whatever might have been left of the tire caught ablaze.
It wasn’t just a small fire either, the remnants of what was left were completely engulfed in flames.
It was a rough day for Earnhardt Jr., but it was also a rough day for many others who wrecked.
After weeks of super speedways, NASCAR went west this week to the narrow track that is Phoenix International Raceway.
On the bright side for Earnhardt Jr., he will have another crack at picking up his first victory of the season next week in Fontana.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle